You know Selena, right? She's my buddy from Oh, the places we will go who moved from Texas (not too far from where I'm from either) to London with her English husband and now they travel all about. Like right this second, Selena is cruising around the Baltic Sea and I'm sure she's taking loads of beautiful photos to show us when she comes back. So yeah, if you don't know her you should because she's pretty cool.
Anyway, Selena passed on the Six Things meme that has been making it's way around lately. Here's the deal... she asked me nine questions, I chose six to answer and share with y'all and then I pass on another nine questions to six bloggers. It's a getting to know you, getting to know all about you kind of thing. (Did you just get that song from the Kind & I stuck in your head? If you did, then I won, and if you didn't, well then I failed.)
. . . . . . . . . .
What is the best advice your Mother ever gave you?
There are two pieces that have popped into my head and since I think they are equally important, I'm going to share both with you.
1) Do not bother worrying about things that are out of your control. There's absolutely no point (this one has served me very well in France).
2) When you are feeling really down, buy yourself a bottle of Champagne (or anything sparkling), pour it into a crystal glass, and drink... instant mood lifter. (Champagne doesn't have to be only for celebrating you know.)
If you had a million dollar investor, what business would you open?
I would love to open a French style épicerie and wine bar back in the States. A place where you can buy delicious French nibbles and enjoy them there with a glass of wine or take them away. Plus, I'd have the shelves stocked with goodies like truffle oil and tapenades.
What is the biggest challenge that you have overcome?
That would definitely be living in France and the last few years of my life. Gregory and I have weathered a lot of obstacles and stressful happenings together... moving to new countries, new languages (for both of us), moving house three times in three years, the death of my father and a bunch of other bad juju stuff that has happened that I have chosen not to blog about because I like to keep Sara in The LPV a fuzzy wuzzy happy kind of place. But the bottom line is this, we can take a licking and keep on ticking.
If you were a super hero, what would your super hero powers be?
Without a doubt my super hero power would be the ability to teleport. I'm tired of the cost of flights and the time involved. Teleportation = every expat's dream. And of course I would be able to fight crime all over the world at the drop of a hat. All Fifty and I need are teleportation skills, some capes, and we're all set. Watch out bad guys.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
I'd like to go back to my roots and take on Manhattan. I love, love, love NYC... the buzz, the attitude, the non-stop vibe. A lot of fantastic childhood memories for me have sprung out of that city and I'd love to go back and make some new ones.
What is the best gift that you've ever received?
Life. Thanks Mom and Dad.
. . . . . . . . . .
Would you be so kind as to answer six of the following nine questions please?
1. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
2. If you could invite five people for a dinner party (alive or dead) who would you choose?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
4. If you could go back in time and change one event in your life would you, and if so, what event?
5. What would your last meal be?
6. If you were given €50,000 what would you do with it?
7. What is your dream holiday destination?
8. If you could switch careers to anything you'd like (and be instantly qualified for it) what career would you choose?