The Liebster Award! You are finally mine! MUAH HA HA HA HA! (Thanks very much to The Nomad who kindly passed it on to me.) If you're familiar with the blogosphere than you know that an award like this come with rules and these are the Liebsters's:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
4. Write 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Present/nominate a Liebster blog award to 3-5 other bloggers.
1. have little feet and little toes, but they're kind of chubby. They're weird in a cute way but they look like they should be attached to another person instead of me.
2. My favorite sport is rugby followed by basketball and since I'm a Clermont rugby fan and a San Antonio Spurs fan, my year is going very well so far (keeping those fingers crossed).
3. I desperately want to lose three pounds but I don't like depriving myself of anything (what's the point of living if you can't eat butter?) so I'm trying to exercise more. As soon as it stops raining, I'll start jogging.
4. The very first time I ate a Chicken McNugget I was in Honolulu.
5. Chickens freak me out. Like not on my plate (except in France where sometimes they leave tiny bits of feathers attached to the wings and legs... WTF is that all about?!?!) but running around. Brother-in-Law bought a couple of chickens. I don't go over to his house anymore.
6. I think The Husband is one of the most handsome men I have every seen in person. He really is very pretty.
7. But as handsome as he is, it amazes me how quickly he can mess up his outfit. He gets dressed to go out, looks beautiful and within two seconds looks like a hobo. I don't understand how everything gets so slouchy and wrinkly so quickly. I swear one night at a nightclub in Toulon, he morphed into Barney from The Simpsons right before my eyes.
8. I had a sister but she passed away (no need to be sad, it was a long, long time ago). I really wish she was still here. In fact, if I had one wish, I would wish that she was here. Sometimes I think a girl just needs a sister.
9. Luckily, I have three very close friends who have done an excellent job of filling a sister role.
10. I want to live in a city. Not in a suburb, or right outside, but IN a city. (Sorry Le Petit Village but you and your Provençal quaintness are currently boring me... YAWN)
11. I'm extremely proud of my mother for writing not one but two books (stay tuned for a giveaway). She also has a blog that you can check out here.
2. What book/movie/song or TV show do you hate that everyone else loves? It's not a new show but back in the days when Everyone Loves Raymond was on, I couldn't understand what was to love. His voice irked me.
3. I'm always looking for new authors so what's your favorite book or author? I'm a sucker for a big ol' historical fiction. My all time favorites are the Bronze Horseman series by Paulina Simmons, Edward Rutherford books, and the Outlander series by Diana Galbadon. But right now I'm reading Fall of Giants, the first book in the Century Trilogy by Ken Follett. I can't put it down. It's been amazing since the first page.
4. Do you want kids? Why or why not? Also, why did you have them early or wait to have kiddos later in life? I'm pleading the fifth on this one. There is too much going on in my head to answer it. Je suis desole.
5. If you could change one annoying habit about the person closest to you, what would it be? Only one?!?! I would change the annoying habit of pretending to listen to me when I know that he is only pretending to listen to me. And I'm sure you can all guess who 'he' is.
6. What's the most romantic event/moment you ever experienced? The one that is sticking out in my head the most took place about four years ago... The Husband was moving back to France from Dublin and was going to be spending the day packing. As it was a Sunday morning, I brought over breakfast fixings that I planned on cooking while he packed but when I got there he had a surprise for me... he knew that I was sad about him leaving, and stressed about what was going to happen to us, and that the thing I like the most when I'm stressed and/ or sad is a bubble bath, so he had scrubbed the bathroom (boys bathrooms can be so icky) and drawn me a bubble bath complete with aromatherapy candles. So I soaked while he packed and then his roommate cooked breakfast. It was only a little thing, but it was a really sweet little thing.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Last night about 7PM. We were popping over to Papa's house for a drink and a chat and to see what they were going to be up to today (it's a holiday, La Fête du Travail).
8. If you are married, did you change your last name? Why or why not? If you're single/unmarried what your opinion on a last name change? Would you change your name or keep your name? I haven't changed my name. It's not any sort of feminist protest or anything, it's simply that I like my name. It's mine, who I am, and it's a connection to my deceased father that I'm not ready to cut. Plus, I was already in my 30s when I got married, so I had it for a long time and being named anything other than my name, sounds odd to me. I am a fan of the double barrel name though if you can pull it off.
9. What's your guilty pleasure of the moment? To curl up with a book and a glass of wine in a quiet house.
10. What prompted the biggest change in your life? Meeting The Husband. (In case you missed it, here's the story of how we met).
11. If you could have grown up in another culture which would it be? That's a tough one, I like being American, but maybe Australia because they all seem so chill down there, or maybe France so then I would already be fluent in the language and wouldn't even have to think about it anymore. Yeah, I'm going to go with French.
I'm passing the Liebster on to these three bloggers: 1. Random Thoughts From Dublin, 2. Our House in Provence, 3. EE Bracken (I like to keep nepotism alive and kicking). And here's your questions Liebsters (some of which I'm stealing from The Nomad):
1. What movie or TV show do you hate that everyone else loves?
2. Where were you when you ate your first Chicken McNugget?
3. Who are you five dream dinner guests (alive or dead) and what would you cook them?
4. What is your favorite book or author?
5. What is your favorite tipple?
6. What's your middle name?
7. If you were given €4000 for a holiday, where would you go and what would you do?
8. What song do you hear, that when you hear it, takes you right back to your childhood/ teenage years?
9. What's your favorite sport and favorite team?
10. McDonald's or Burger King?
11. What is your favorite city in the world?
Whew! That was a long one!
Are you still with me?